Sign Up to Get our Newletter and Recipes by Email
Fantastic olive oils....make sure you try the black truffle.....amazing....a little bit o' Heaven in a bottle!"
- Denise B.
It's a true pleasure to encourage people to visit your store!"
- Mary J.
Olive Oil Flour Tortillas
- 1 cup flour
- dash salt
- 2 Tablespoons warm Hojiblanca or Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Mix flour and salt, then stir in the EVOO. When fairly mixed but still lumpy, add the water, knead well for about 3 minutes.
- Cover with clean damp kitchen towel and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Knead for just a moment, then divide into 6-8 balls. Between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, roll each ball into a thin circle.
- Pre-heat a dry cast-iron frying pan or griddle, put one of the thin flat circles of dough in the pan and leave until brown spots develop on the bottom (30-45 seconds). Flip the tortilla and do the same on the other side. Repeat until all the dough is used.
- It's best to let finished tortillas rest for about 10 minutes in a stack on a plate. The accumulated steam helps finish the process and makes them more pliable. These can be used for enchiladas, quesadillas or just eaten with guacamole.