- 1/4 cup Portuguese Cobrancosa Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. black mustard seeds
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 7 oz. potatoes, cut into cubes
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 4 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large cauliflower (about 2 lbs. 12 oz.), cut into florets
- 3/4 inch piece of ginger, peeled
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt, to taste
- Chopped cilantro and green chilies
- Heat the Portuguese Cobrancosa EVOO in a deep, heavy-based frying pan or Dutch Oven over low heat. Add the mustard seeds, cover the pan and wait for the seeds to pop. Add the onion, garlic, and potatoes and fry until lightly browned.
- Add the spices and fry for a couple of seconds. Add the tomatoes and stir until the spices are well-mixed. Add the cauliflower florets and stir until well-mixed.
- Stir in the ginger, sugar and 1/2 cup water. Increase the heat to medium and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Season with salt to taste
- Uncover the pan. If the sauce is too runny, simmer it for another couple of minutes before serving.
- Serving suggestion: Top with chopped cilantro and/or green chilies. Serve with naan, if available, or pita bread, if not.