- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Caramel Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Butter Olive Oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tablespoon Butter Olive Oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 oz. unsweetened Baker's chocolate, chopped
- 2 to 3 teaspoons flaked sea salt, such as Maldon.
- Combine sauce ingredients, except the sea salt, in a heavy-bottomed sauce pan. Heat up ingredients until they reach a low boil. Keep stirring for about 10-15 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken (enough so that you can see the bottom of the pan when you scrape a spoon across it). Add a pinch of salt and stir until incorporated. Set aside to cool.
- Grease an 8 x 8-inch pan or line it with parchment paper. Add batter to the pan. Place in the oven on the middle rack for 35-40 minutes (should bake until moist on a toothpick but not liquidy).
- Stir in the sugar, flour, vanilla and salt until combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place the chocolate in a medium-size bowl. Microwave until melted, a few minutes at a time. Stir in the Butter Olive Oil and mix together thoroughly.
- Remove brownies from oven. Set aside brownies until slightly cooled, about 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the caramel sauce on top of the brownies and spread to fully cover. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Eat warm or refrigerate.