6 to 8 hours minutes
- 3 to 4 lb boneless chuck roast
- 1 to 2 Tbsp.Ultra Premium Cobrancosa Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup water to deglaze pan
- 2 to 3 large onions, peeled and thickly sliced
- 6 red potatoes (or sweet potatoes) cut into large cubes or
- 4 large carrots sliced 1/4 inch
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup Aged Traditional Balsamic Condimento
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 Tsp each of Seasoning Salt, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, and Black Pepper to taste
- Mix seasoning salt, garlic powder, garlic powder, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub seasoning mix over the meat
- Heat a heavy pan with a small amount of Ultra Premium Cobrancosa EVOO, make sure to not overheat, add meat and brown on both sides. Don't rush the browning as this adds wonderful flavor to the dish.
- While meat is browning, put 1 cup beef stock into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/2 cup. Let cool slightly and mix in Aged Traditional Balsamic Condimento and tomato sauce.
- When meat is browned on all sides, remove the meat and deglaze the pan with 1/4 cup water. Add the pan drippings to the sauce mixture.
- Place onions in the bottom of the slow cooker and put the meat on top.
- Add carrots, potatoes, and pour beef stock mixture over the meat and vegetables.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until beef is tender.
- Remove meat and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Drain liquid from the slow cooker and remove as much of the fat as you can with a skimmer or fat separator.
- Cook down the liquid by about 1/3 and serve with the meat. You may also make a wonderful gravy with this as well.