- 1 tablespoon organic mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon cold water or enough to make the dough come together
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 cup home-made organic peanut butter, made with Marisolio's Frantoio, Leccino, or Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil. (See Recipe Section under Miscellaneous Recipes for All Natural Peanut Butter Recipe)
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- Make the olive oil peanut butter (see Recipes-Miscellaneous for All Natural Peanut Butter recipe)
- Add the eggs and peanut butter, stirring to combine. The mixture will be crumbly. Add enough water to bring the dough together.
- Roll the dough to about 1/4-inch thickness and cut with dog-bone cookie cutter, size of your choice.
- To make dog cookies instead, drop the dough in walnut-sized balls onto the prepared baking sheets. Flatten them to about 1/4-inch.
- Bake the biscuits or cookies for about 40-60 , baking the smaller cookies for a shorter amount of time.
- When finished, the biscuits will be a dark golden brown and will be dry and crisp all the way through.
- Makes 42 of the 3-1/2 inch dog-bone cutter size.
- Makes 60 of the smaller cookie type.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets or line them with parchment paper.
- Mix together the rice flour, oats, mint, dried milk, and sea salt.