- 1/3 cup bourbon whiskey, to taste
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons Butter Olive Oil
- 2 egg yolks
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks until thick and pale.
- In a saucepan, combine the Butter Olive Oil and the sugar and heat just until the sugar dissolves. Pour the Butter Olive Oil and sugar mixture over the egg yolks, beating constantly with the mixer until well-thickened.
- Stir in the bourbon and mix well.
- Serve with warm bread pudding and vanilla ice cream, if desired. Pass the bourbon sauce separately.