15 minutes minutes
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped (optional)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Ultra Premium Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon White Balsamic Condimento
- 1 Fuji, Pink Lady or Braeburn apple, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches arugula, thick stems removed (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, combine the barley, 1-1/2 cups water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a oil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until the barley is tender, about 25-30 minutes. Drain and spread on a rimmed cookie sheet to cool.
- Divide the arugula among the 6 bowls. Top with the barley mixture and serve.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, the Ultra Premium Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil, the Lemon White Balsamic Condimento, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the celery, apple, mint, and cooled barley and toss to combine.