- 2 green poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, cleaned, and seeded (if those aren't available, use a large mild green chile, roasted and peeled, cleaned, and seeded and 1/2 a green bell pepper, seeded and chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 Tablespoons California Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- Half an onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- Place the chiles and cilantro in a blender or food processor with 1/2 cup of the chicken broth. Blend until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add rice and cook, stirring constantly, until puffed and golden.
- Push the rice to one side, add onion and garlic, and cook.
- Add remaining chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until all liquid has been absorbed (about 30-35 minutes). Check seasoning and add salt if necessary. Toss lightly with a fork before serving.