- Optional: 4 oz. finely minced, freshly chopped flat leaf Parsley for garnish or sprig of Rosemary
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon White Truffle Oil
- 1 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 stick (8 oz.) unsalted butter
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 6 pounds unpeeled Yukon Gold potatoes
- Heat the half & half, butter and garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat until simmering.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook until potatoes are fork-tender throughout.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to maintain a rolling boil.
- Dice potatoes, making sure they are uniform in size.
- Place in a large saucepan, add the salt, and cover with hot water.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain off the water.
- Mash the potatoes, then add the garlic-cream-butter mixture, grated Asiago and White Truffle Oil.
- Stir to combine.
- Let stand for 5 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Serve, adding parsley, if desired.