24 hours minutes
- 2.5 lbs. boneless rib meat or any steak that's on sale
- Korean Barbecue Marinade (see recipe in Marisolio Website Recipe Section)
- 1 head lettuce
- 2 green onions
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Roasted Japanese Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons white or brown sugar
- Tacos (corn or flour)
- Cook meat on grill at a medium heat. The sugars from the marinade will caramelize quickly so watch that they don't burn. You should cook the meat to medium rare or medium. During the last few minutes, turn the fire to high to get a nice char on the meat.
- Barbecuing Meat
- Mix together the soy sauce, vinegar and white or brown sugar until dissolved and then reduce it to a thick syrup.
- Sweet Soy Dressing
- Mix the rest of the ingredients (soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar and red pepper flakes), mix with the lettuce and green onion.
- Sangchu Lettuce Salad
- Shred the lettuce into strips about 1/4 inch wide, shred the green onions as thin as possible.
- Marinate the beef overnight in a zip lock bag or another container and flip it over once during the marinating time.
- Assemble Tacos
- Cover the tortillas on a plate and warm them in a microwave for a few seconds.
- Assemble the tacos with the meat, the salad, the dressing. Yum!