- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup long grain white rice or orzo
- 4 eggs
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon White Balsamic Condimento
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Parsley leaves for garnish
- NOTE: If you prefer a little more substantial soup, you can add some shredded rotisserie chicken and diced carrots while cooking.
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil in medium size pot. Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the rice or orzo. Put a lid on the pot but slightly ajar and stir the soup occasionally until the rice or orzo is tender.
- Whisk eggs, juice and Lemon White Balsamic Condimento in a bowl until frothy. Add 1 cup of the simmering stock to the egg/juice/condimento mixture and whisk quickly to combine. Transfer back to the pot.
- Continue to cook, stirring continuously, for about 2 mintues.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.