- 1/2 cup Basil Olive Oil
- 1/2 medium avocado, pitted and diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped shallot
- 2 limes, halved
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine the Basil Olive Oil, avocado, jalapeño, garlic, and shallot. Squeeze limes into avocado mixture to keep the avocado from turning brown. Using a regular spoon or a grapefruit spoon, scrape pulp out of limes into the mixture. Stir to combine. If making sauce up to 4 days ahead, press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto surface of sauce. Cover and chill. Bring sauce to room temperature before continuing.
- Stir basil and cilantro into sauce just before serving. Season with salt and pepper.