- 6 small eggplants
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tablespoons California Garlic Olive Oil
- Cook the eggplants, whole, on all sides, turning as necessary, until the skin is charred the eggplants are soft inside. Cool for about 1 hour. Then peel the eggplants and discard the skin. Place in a bowl; add the lemon juice and tahini. Mash and blend the eggplant mixture well. Salt to taste.
- Chop the garlic very finely and add to the mashed eggplant. Stir really well and chill.
- To serve, place in a flat serving dish and garnish with parsley. Pour olive oil on top.
- Serve with wedges of pita bread