- 2 lbs. raw chopped bacon
- 2 large onions, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Butter Olive Oil
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Wild Blueberry Balsamic Condimento
- 2 teaspoons Ultra Premium Hojiblanca EVOO
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Using a non-stick frying pan, cook the bacon in batches until just lightly brown and beginning to get crisp.
- Drain the bacon in a colander over a bowl. Save the fat.
- In 2 teaspoons of the drained bacon fat and 2 teaspoons of the Butter Olive Oil, sauté the onions, garlic and salt for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- While the onion mixture is sautéing, place the drained bacon on a cutting board and chop into even smaller pieces.
- Add brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, dried thyme, black pepper and a pinch of cayenne to the onion and garlic mixture. Add bacon back into the pot and stir.
- Add water and cook for 10-15 minutes until the mixture is reddish brown in color and thick.
- Add the dried blueberries, Hojiblanca EVOO, and Wild Blueberry Balsamic Condimento and stir well. It will have the consistency of relish.
- Best if served warm. Add it to toast, grilled cheese, burgers....whatever suits you.