For the Compote
- 1 1/2 cup of seedless black grapes
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp of Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- 6 oz wheel of Brie
- 1/4 cup of slivered almonds, toasted
- Crackers and/or toasted baguette for serving
For the Compote:
- Poke 2-3 holes in each grape and place in a medium-sized pan.
- Add sugar and cook over medium heat. Use a potato masher to encourage grapes to release their juices.
- Combine cornstarch and traditional balsamic vinegar in a small bowl.
- Once grape juices have been released, stir in the slurry and boil for one minute. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place brie round in a small, oven-safe dish. Cut into the rind of brie about 1/4" all the way around, just un the top of the brie. DO NOT cut the top completely off.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Place dish onto larger platter. Lift the top of the brie with a knife and remove. Spoon grape compote on top of brie.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds and serve with crackers and baguette slices.