- 1/3 cup walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 Tablespoons Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil
- 4 cups thickly sliced leeks (white and tender green parts)
- 6 cups large-dice butternut squash (1-1/2 to 2 pounds squash)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pkg. (13.25 ounces) whole grain penne
- 1 pound grated part-skim mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pulse walnuts, parsley and Parmesan in a food processor until they look like breadcrumbs.
- Heat the Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the leeks and squash; cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour, sage, and nutmeg. Reduce heat and gradually add broth and milk. Simmer, stirring until thickened, 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain. Combine pasta with the vegetables and mozzarella. Pour into a 9-by-13-inch casserole. Sprinkle with the walnut topping. Bake until the top is golden, about 25 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.