2 days of steeping after prep time of 10 minutes
- 1 cup packed fresh basil, washed and torn up into medium size pieces
- 1 cup washed blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Blackberrry Ginger Balsamic Condimento
- Sparkling champagne or sparkling water when served
- Place the torn basil in a large jar or glass container with a tight fitting lid.
- Add the blackberries, sugar, and Blackberry Ginger Condimento.
- Shake the ingredients to mix well and let the mixture sit at room temperature for a couple of days. Shake the mixture from time to time.
- After a couple of days, strain the mixture and store it in a clean container for up to 3 weeks.
- When ready to serve, pour about 1-1.5 oz. of the blackberry shrub juice into a champagne flute or tall glass. If the glass is wide you might want to use a little more. Stir to mix. Top with sparkling wine or sparkling water. For a nice touch, place a single blackberry into each flute.