- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 2/3 cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Blood Orange infused oil
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1/3 dark chocolate, finely chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 2 large oranges, zested plus slices for garnish
- 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate Balsamic vinegar for reduction
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Dump the sugar, flour, cocoa, a pinch of salt, and baking powder in a bowl and set aside. Whisk together the eggs, blood orange oil, and milk, and then gradually stir in the wet ingredients into the dry until you have a smooth mixture. Fold in the dark chocolate and orange zest.
- Prepare a 12 case cupcake dish and divide the mixture between the cases. Bake until risen (about 20 minutes). Leave to cool.
- Reduce dark chocolate balsamic over the stove. Top cupcakes with orange slices, balsamic reduction, and extra dark chocolate pieces once cakes have cooled. Serve.