- 2 medium duck breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 blood oranges
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Sherry Reserva Vinegar
- Frisée (for serving)
- Score skin of duck breasts; season with salt and pepper.
- Place breasts skin side down in a cold medium skillet. Cook over low heat until fat is rendered and skin is dark golden (about 12-15 minutes). Turn duck breasts over, increase heat to medium and cook 2 more minutes. Transfer to a plate
- Cut the peel and white pith from the oranges. Cut along sides of membranes to release segments into a medium bowl.
- Pour off all but 2 Tablespoons fat from the fying pan. Add shallot, vinegar, and half of the orange segments. Season with salt and simmer, until thick (about 4 minutes). Thinly slice duck breasts and serve over the frisée with pan sauce and remaining segments.