- 1 pkg. frozen puff pastry
- 2/3 cup Wild Blueberry Balsamic Condimento
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese* whisked to break up cheese
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- A little sugar
- 1-1/2 pint baskets fresh strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- Two 1/2 pint baskets of fresh blueberries
- *Mascarpone is Italian-style cream cheese. It can be found in most delicatessens.
- Defrost puff pastry as per box instructions. Open up the folded pastry and lay flat on cutting surface. With a floured rolling pin, roll out to half the thickness. Cut into 4-inch x 4-inch squares, place on greased cookie sheet, bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. Transfer the squares to a rack and let cool.
- Place 2/3 cup of Wild Blueberry Balsamic Condimento in a saucepan and reduce to 1/2. Cool. This can be done a day ahead.
- In a bowl, loosen up the mascarpone cheese with a hand mixer, then add the unwhipped cream, vanilla extract, and a little sugar to brighten and sweeten the mixture. Beat at high speed until the cream is whipped. This, too, can be done a day ahead.
- In a separate bowl, place the prepared strawberries and blueberries.
- Place one of the puff squares on a dessert plate. Spread the mascarpone and whipped cream mixture on top, spoon on the blueberries and strawberry mixture. Place another puff square on top of that and repeat procedure of the cream and fruit, topping the stack with another puff square.
- Spoon the Blueberry Balsamic reduction around the Napoleon on the plate. For added pizazz, put a little powdered sugar in a small sieve and dust the top of the Napoleon.