- 2 Tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons dill, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 oz. Swiss cheese, cut into small chunks
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 3 thick slices rye bread, cut into large pieces
- 1 Tablespoon California Garlic Olive Oil
- Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat and then add the garlic and onion and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the potato chunks, salt and pepper and then reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are soft when tested with a fork, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put bread chunks on a baking sheet and drizzle with the California Garlic Olive Oil and toss to coat the bread evenly. Bake until a rich brown, 8-9 minutes. Remove from oven and set to the side.
- Place croutons and cheese cubes in soup bowls. Ladle soup on top of the bread and cheese. Sprinkle with dill and parsley. Serve immediately.