1 hour minutes
- 1 large yellow onion
- 4 Tbsp Ginger and Black Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 medium red cabbage, shredded
- 1 star anise
- 2 cloves
- 150ml orange or cranberry juice
- 2 Granny Smith apples, grated
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 4 Tbsp minced or finely grated ginger
- 50g black garlic cloves
- In a Dutch oven, a cast iron deep skillet, or a large saucepan, soften the onions in the Ginger and Black Garlic Olive Oil.
- Add the star anise, cloves, apples, cabbage, sugar and juice and mix together.
- Cover and cook on medium-low for 1 hour.
- Season with salt to taste and mix in ginger to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Mix chopped Black Garlic cloves into the cooked cabbage and serve.