- 1 Tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Butter Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 Tablespoons dried currants
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons Black Currant Balsamic Condimento
- 1-1/2 lbs. Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- Separate sprouts into leaves, leaving just the center intact. Set aside. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add nuts to pan; cook 2 minutes or until toasted, stirring constantly. Coarsely chop nuts.
- Uncover; cook 4 minutes or until liquid evaporates and sprout centers are tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; sprinkle with nuts.
- Melt butter in pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots to pan; sauté 1 minute or until golden, stirring frequently. Stir in Brussels sprout centers and leaves, currants, thyme, salt and pepper; toss to combine. Add broth. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 7 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high.