- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Whole Fruit Lemon Fused Olive Oil
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Ultra Premium Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, stem end trimmed off
- In a large sauté pan, heat the Arbequina Olive Oil over medium-high heat. Begin by sautéing the shallots until they just begin to caramelize on the edges. Add the shaved Brussels sprouts and sauté, stirring frequently until they are just barely softened and begin to caramelize on the edges a bit.
- Shave or slice the Brussels sprouts as thinly as possible. This can be done on a mandolin, using the slicing disk of a food processor, or simply by using a very sharp knife coupled with decent knife skill.
- Add the lemon juice and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste and toss well to combine.
- Serve drizzled with the Fused Lemon Olive Oil and shaved Parmesan cheese
- NOTE: Rachel says her husband hated Brussels sprouts until she fixed them this way. Follow her instructions and you will have some Brussels sprouts converters of your own.