- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Ultra-Premium Arbequina, Arbosana or Picholine Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (5 oz.) package baby spinach
- 4 cups cubed and roasted butternut squash, warmed
- Roast the cut up butternut squash in a 400 degree oven until thoroughly cooked but still a little on the firm side (45-60 minutes).
- Using a fork, mash the blue cheese and lemon juice together in a large bowl to make a thick dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown (about 5 minutes)
- Add spinach to onions and cook, tossing often, until slightly wilted and warm (1-2 minutes).
- Transfer contents of skillet to bowl with dressing, add squash, salt and pepper and toss to combine.