Sign Up to Get our Newletter and Recipes by Email
Fantastic olive oils....make sure you try the black truffle.....amazing....a little bit o' Heaven in a bottle!"
- Denise B.
It's a true pleasure to encourage people to visit your store!"
- Mary J.
Cajun Grits with Prawns
An Olive Oil
- 1 cup old-fashioned grits (not quick cooking)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Butter Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly minced garlic
- Grilled Prawns
- 8 Tablespoons Chili powder (1/2 cup)
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 8 Tablespoons seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay)
- 4 Tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 8 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 8 Tablespoons onion powder
- 4 Tablespoons ginger
- 2 Tablespoons Butter Olive Oil
- 2 lbs. raw prawns, peeled and deveined
- Boil 2 cups of water in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Add the remaining ingredients, except the grits, stirring slowly. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat. Slowly stir in the grits. Simmer, stirring every 5 minutes until the desired consistency is reached, about 20-25 minutes.
- Transfer grits to a serving bowl and keep warm.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl until well mixed.
- Heat the oil in a large grill pan over high heat.
- Coat the shrimp in the seasoning mixture. Add them to the grill pan and cook until caramelized on both sides.
- Remove them from the pan to a serving bowl and serve with the grits.
- Note: Adding cheese and/or gravy with fried onions will enhance this dish considerably.