- Portuguese Cobrancosa Extra Virgin Olive Oil for frying
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 dozen shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 2-3 green plantains
- immediately place one fried plantain chunk each in a greased muffin pan cup. Using a muddler, pestle or shot glass, gently press to form a cup.
- Peel and slice plantains into 3-inch chunks. Fry in 350 degree oil until slightly golden but not browned, for about 4-5 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with salt, pepper and ground cumin. Cook in a lightly oiled skillet. When shrimp turn pink, place them in a bowl, along with avocado, tomatoes, jalapeño, garlic, red onion, cilantro, and lime juice. Mix well and chill in the refrigerator.
- Fry again until golden brown. Drain on paper bag or paper towel and lightly season with salt.
- Immediately fill the cups with the shrimp mixture and serve.