- 1/2 teaspoon Ultra Premium Hojiblanca EVOO
- 1 slice of Canadian bacon cut into 1/4-inch wide strips
- 3 Tablespoons grated Gruyère cheese
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon Hojiblanca EVOO
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1-1/4 Tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- In a small non-stick frying pan (about 8-inches across), heat the 1/2 teaspoon Ultra Premium Hojiblanca Olive Oil over medium heat. Add the Canadian bacon and cook until browned, stirring occasionally. Drain on paper towel
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and add the water, salt, pepper and 1 Tablespoon of chives and whisk together until just combined.
- Heat the other teaspoon of Ultra Premium Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil and the butter in the same 8-inch non-stick frying pan you used for the bacon. Swirl the pan to coat the bottom evenly.
- Add the egg mixture and using a spatula, pull the egg mixture from the sides and tilt the pan so that the excess egg mixture flows to the sides. Do this all around the pan. Continue the process until there is no more excess egg mixture. Continue to heat the eggs until the eggs firm up.
- Add the Canadian bacon strips and sprinkle the cheese evenly across the eggs, leaving the edges free of cheese.
- When the cheese begins to melt, use the spatula to lift half of the egg mixture and fold it across the other half. Continue to heat for about 30 seconds more and then slide the omelet gently onto a plate. Sprinkle the rest of the chives on the top of the omelet and serve.