- 6 Tablespoons turbinado (also known as cane sugar or raw sugar)
- 2 Tablespoons Sherry Reserva Vinegar
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 2-1/2 Tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1 Tablespoon basil, finely chopped
- 6 apricots (ripe but still a little firm)
- Organic Barnea Extra Virgin Olive Oil for basting
- Combine the Sherry Reserva Vinegar, sugar, and 6 Tablespoons cold water in a small saucepan. Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Continue to simmer for about 5 minutes, until syrupy. Cool.
- Whisk the ricotta and mascarpone in a small bowl for about 30 seconds, until thoroughly blended. Stir in chopped basil. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a grill until very hot. Halve the apricots and brush the cut sides very lightly with the Barnea Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Put the apricots cut-side down on the grill and cook for a couple of minutes, just until you can see char marks. Using tongs, turn the apricots over and cook for about 30 seconds more so that the fruit is warmed all the way through. Remove to a platter.
- Serve the apricots while still warm (3 halves per person), with a dollop of the ricotta-mascarpone mixture and a drizzle of the vinegar syrup.