- 7 Tablespoons Ultra Premium Chiquitita Extra Virgin Olive Oil or any other good EVOO.
- 2 (6-inch) corn tortills, halved and cut into thin strips
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken meat
- 3 cups cubed honeydew melon (1-inch cubes)
- 2 oz. queso fresco (fresh Mexican cheese), crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/4 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 red or green chile, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat 3 Tablespoons EVOO in a skillet over medium heat. When oil is shimmering, add tortilla strips, and cook, stirring often, until strips are golden and crisp, 4-5 minutes. Drain on paper towels and let cool 5 minutes. For fewer calories, strips can also be baked in a 400-500 degree oven for 5-10 minutes (watch carefully so they don't burn.)
- Combine romaine, chicken, honeydew, queso fresco, and pumpkin seeds in a large bowl.
- Whisk together lime juice, chile, salt, pepper, and remaining 1/4 cup oil in a small bowl. Drizzle over salad and toss to combine.
- Top with crispy tortilla strips and serve.
- NOTE: Another Mike favorite!