- 2 tbsp Chiquitita Olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- One 15 oz can no-salt-added chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Two 14.5 oz cans petite diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 8 large eggs
- 2 pieces pita bread
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro and/or mint
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the chickpeas, cumin and a pinch each of salt and pepper; stir well to coat. Add the tomatoes and 1/3 cup water. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens, about 20 minutes.
- Make 8 wells in the sauce and crack an egg into each; run the edge of a spatula through the whites to distribute them, being careful not to break the yolks. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the egg whites are just set 8 to 10 minutes. (The eggs will continue cooking after you remove them from the oven.) Meanwhile, wrap the pita bread in foil and warm in the oven, about 5 minutes; cut into wedges.
- Combine the yogurt, hummus and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle the herbs over the eggs; season with salt and pepper. Serve with the pita bread and hummus sauce.