- 3 Tablespoons Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons Italian dressing
- 4 cups vegetable broth + 1 cup water
- Two 15 oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup corn, frozen or fresh
- 15 oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice (to taste)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Tuscan Olive Oil to drizzle
- Heat the Tuscan Herb Olive Oil in a large stockpot over medium-low heat. When hot, add the onion and a teaspoon of kosher salt and cook about 7 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook an additional minute. Add carrots, celery, potatoes and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring often. Add Italian seasoning and cook for one more minute.
- Add broth, water, tomatoes, corn, beans, bay leaf and several grinds of pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, until the vegetables are tender, about 35 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley and lemon juice. Remove bay leaf and season to taste with salt and pepper. Reheat in pot. Serve while hot with crusty sourdough French bread and a quick drizzle of Tuscan Herb Olive Oil.