- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter plus additional for the pan
- 1/2 cup Cinnamon-Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 2 Bosc pears peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9-inch cake pan or 4 mini loaf pans, if you're giving them as holiday gifts!
In a small sacuepan, melt together the butter, syrup, and brown sugar over low heat. Gently stir to combine as the mixture melts. Set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour the butter mixture into the flour mixture and combine with a few strokes of a wooden spoon, taking care not to overmix.
In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and yogurt. Add the egg mixture to the batter, and gently combine. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
Arrange pear slices on top of the batter. Use a 9x9 cake pan or 4 mini loaf pans, if you want to give it to the neighbors as a holiday present! Bake until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted into the cake, 30 to 35 minutes
- Keeps well in the refrigerator!