- 2 large limes
- 1 large ruby red grapefruit
- 1 large tangerine
- 1 large navel orange
- 1/2 cup Whole Fruit Lemon Fused Olive Oil or Whole Fruit Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced serrano chile
- 3-1/2 lb. whole chicken
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Grate 1 teaspoon rind and squeeze 5 Tablespoons juice from limes. Place rind and 4 Tablespoons juice in a medium bowl; place the remaining 1 Tablespoon juice in a spearate medium bowl. Grate 1 teaspoon grapefruit rind. Section grapefruit. Grate 1 teaspoon tangerine rind. Section tangerine. Grate 1 teaspoon orange rind. Section orange. Add citrus sections to 1 Tablespoon lime juice in bowl and set aside. Add rinds to lime rind mixture. Add 2 Tablespoons oil, garlic, and chile to rind mixture. Stir with a whisk.
- Place chicken, breast side down, on a cutting board. Using poultry shears, cut along both sides of backbone and open chicken like a book. Turn chicken breast side up. Using the heel of your hand, press firmly against the breastbone until it cracks. Lift wing tips up and over back. Tuck under chicken. Discard backbone and skin. Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet. Spread citrus rind mixture evenly over chicken. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Position oven rack in lower third of oven. Preheat broiler to high.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Broil chicken, breast side down for 20 minutes. Turn chicken over and broil and additional 20 minutes or until done, turning the pan occasionally. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Combine reserved citrus section mixture, remaining 2 Tablespoons oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaing 1/8 teaspoon pepper, red onion, mint, and cilantro. Toss to combine and serve with chicken.