- Garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup robust EVOO such as Ultra Picual, Ultra Premium Organic Barnea, or Hi-Poly Coratina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Champagne Wine Vinegar
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup black olives, halved
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 pkg. Rice-a-Roni fried rice
- Prepare packaged rice as directed, browning almonds along with the rice. Cool in refrigerator.
- Drain water chestnuts and olives, but add juice of artichokes to rice to moisten.
- Add the rice/almond mixture with the chestnuts, olives, artichoke hearts, green onions and bell pepper.
- CHAMPAGNE VINAIGRETTE
- Mix together the Champagne Wine Vinegar and the Extra Virgin Olive Oil of your choice.
- Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the Champagne Vinaigrette over the rice-vegetable mixture and toss lightly.
- Let stand 2 hours before serving.