Sign Up to Get our Newletter and Recipes by Email
Fantastic olive oils....make sure you try the black truffle.....amazing....a little bit o' Heaven in a bottle!"
- Denise B.
It's a true pleasure to encourage people to visit your store!"
- Mary J.
Corn Fritters with Spicy Black Bean Topping
An Olive Oil Recipe
- Black Bean Topping
- 1 Tablespoon Fused Baklouti Green Chili Olive Oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Two 15-1/2 oz. cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup water
- Corn Fritters
- 1-1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups low-fat milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- Oil for greasing
- Sour cream
- Heat the oil in a medium size saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cumin and sauté 1 minute. Stir in the black beans, Tabasco and water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook the mixture on low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour the bean mixture into a food processor or blender and process until the beans are creamy but still chunky. Scrape the mixture back into the saucepan and keep warm over low heat.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a food processor or blender, process the eggs, mil, and melted butter. Add the corn and pulse a few times until almost pureed but still having some chunks of corn. Pour this mixture into the flour and stir until just blended. Don't overmix.
- Lightly coat a griddle or large skillet with some oil and heat over medium heat until a drop of water scoots around the pan.
- Drop tablespoons of batter onto the griddle to make 4-inch pancakes. Cook until golden brown on each side and cooked in the middle (you can check by making a small slit in the top). The batter should make about 12 pancakes.
- Check the beans. They should be soft. If they are too thick, add a little water. If they are too soupy, cook them a little longer.
- To serve, arrange 3 pancakes on the plate, overlapping them. Spoon some of the black beans over the center of the fritters and top off the bean mixture with a small dollop of sour cream.