- 2 tbsp Arbequina olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 large Granny Smith apple - peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tbsp 18 years aged Traditional balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- Two 6 oz boneless pork chops
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion and apple and for 5 minutes. Stir in the cranberries and balsamic vinegar, and continue cooking until the apple and onions have softened ( about five more minutes). Season with salt and pepper, then put the mixture onto a plate and refrigerate until cold.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a small baking dish
Cut a large pocket into each of the pork chops. Stuff the cooled mixture into the pork chops (secure with toothpicks if needed). Heat the remaining tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper to taste, and place into the pan. Cook on each side until browned (about 3 minutes), then transfer to the baking dish. Top with the remaining cranberry-apple mixture, and cover with aluminum foil.
Bake until the pork is no longer pink in the center, about 40 minutes depending on the thickness of the pork chops. Uncover, and bake for about 10 more minutes, until the cranberry-apple mixture has browned around the edges.