- 2 Tablespoons Whole Fruit Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil
- 1 cup sliced onion, loosely packed, about 1/2 onion
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate Balsamic Condimento
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Heat the Whole Fruit Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the onion, salt and a few turns of black pepper.
- Sauté the mixture until the onion is caramelized, about 15 minutes. Add cranberries, brown sugar, the Pomegranate Balsamic Condimento and orange juice. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Cook until the sauce is jam-like in consistency for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool, transfer to a container, cover and refrigerate for up to one week.
- Mary Lou's Notes: Here is an incredible idea for Christmas gifts. Not only do we get the sweetness of cranberry, orange and Pomegranate coming through, but the otherwise savory flavor of onions gives way to a jam-like condiment that can be used on cream cheese and crackers or even biscuits.