- 10 cups unseasoned dry bread cubes
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 6 Tablespoons + 2-1/4 teaspoons Butter Olive Oil
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon ground sage
- 1 Tablespoon ground thyme
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 1-1/2 chicken broth
- Preheat oven to the temperature you usually roast your turkey, typically 325-350 degrees.
- Put the bread cubes, walnuts and cranberries in a large bowl and set aside.
- Coat a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with 1 Tablespoon of the Butter EVOO
- Place remaining Butter EVOO in a skillet over medium-high heat and add onion and celery. Cook 4-5 minutes until softened and lightly browned, stirring frequently. Add parsley, ground sage, thyme, kosher salt and pepper and mix well. Add celery/onion mixture to the bread cube mixture and toss to combine thoroughly.
- Pour 1 cup of the chicken broth over the mixture in the bowl and stir to combine. Add the other half cup chicken broth and salt and pepper, if desired.
- Stuff the bird and put the turkey in the oven to roast in your usual manner. Because the bird is stuffed, make sure the internal temperature of the bird reaches 165 degrees to ensure healthy cooking.