- 2 pink or red grapefruit, halved crosswise
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Butter Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 4 maraschino cherries, stemmed
- Turn on the broiler in your oven.
- Trim the ends of the grapefruit so they sit flat. Place on a baking sheet cut side up.
- Run a knife around the edges and between the segments of the grapefruit.
- Brush 1 Tablespoon of the rum over each half grapefruit. Combine the Butter Olive Oil with the light brown sugar to make a paste and spread the paste over each of the grapefruit halves. Dust with cinnamon and cayenne.
- Place a cherry in the center of each grapefruit and broil the grapefruit until bubbly and slightly caramelized (about 5-6 minutes). Rotate pan if necessary.
- Serve immediately.