- 1/2 cup crabmeat (more, if desired)
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Butter Olive Oil or Milanese Gremolata Olive Oil. For spicier tastes, try 1 Tablespoon Baklouti Green Chili Oil or Chipotle Olive Oil instead)
- 2 beaten eggs per person
- Your choice of chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, shredded cheese, bacon bits, jalapeno, corn, spinach, asparagus, chives or avocados.
- Clean and crack crab, then quarter the body. Sit down with a walnut cracker or special crab cracker and begin shelling the crab. It's nice to sip on a glass of chilled white wine while doing this chore. Use the pointy sharp ends of the legs to pull meat of those impossible joints. Once the legs and body are shelled, reserve the pile of crabmeat and throw away the shells.
- Crack 2 eggs, add 3-4 tsp. of water and whisk until well broken up. Reserve.
- Pour oil into heated sauté pan. Sauté any of the firmer ingredients (asparagus, jalapeno, etc.) first, before adding other ingredients. When the veggies are softened, add egg mixture, then sprinkle any of the other ingredients into egg without disturbing the pan, saving crabmeat for the last.
- Use a soft spatula to rim the pan downward to loosen sides. When the eggs are set, add the crab and fold 1/2 of the omelet over to the other side and cook for a moment. When that half appears set, turn over to the other side for a moment, then slide the omelet out of the pan to your plate, add cheese to top and enjoy.