- 5 medium carrots (scrubbed) or 10-15 baby carrots, depending on size
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup whole pitted dates, packed
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats, packed
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried pineapple pieces (use more raisins if you don't have the dried pinapple)
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 8 oz. refrigerated cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons Aged Tahitian Vanilla Balsamic Condimento
- 20-30 drops of Stevia (to taste)
- Line an 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper or lightly greased aluminum foil.
- Using the fine shredding attachment of your food processor, shred the carrots.
- Switch to the regular food processor blade and add the walnuts, almonds and dates. Process everything until you have a crumbly mixture. Add the oats, raisins, pineapple, maple syrup, and the spices. Pulse until everything is thoroughy mixed.
- Press the carrot mixture into the pan. Put it in the freezer to help it set while you are making the frosting.
- Wash out the food processor bowl and put the regular blade back in. Add the cream cheese, the Aged Tahitian Vanilla Balsamic Condimento, and the stevia and pulse until just mixed.
- Using a spatula, frost the top of the carrot cake mixture and cut into the size bars you prefer.
- The bars should be stored in the refrigerator.