per batch, 1-1/2 minutes
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Portuguese Cobrancosa EVOO for frying
- 3 baby eggplants or 2 medium eggplants
- salt for seasoning
- Honey Ginger White Balsamic Condimento
- In a shallow bowl, thoroughly mix together the following: flour, garlic powder, dried oregano, parsley, Kosher salt, and pepper.
- In a heavy bottom medium saucepan, heat at least two inches of oil to about 350 degrees F. Peel the eggplants and slice into 3/4 inch thick fries.
- Dredge the eggplant in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess. When the oil has reached 350 degrees, drop a few pieces of the eggplant into the oil. They should sizzle right away. Don't crowd them or the temperature of the oil will drop and the fries will absorb too much oil.
- After about a minute, when the eggplant begins to brown, turn them over and cook for about another 1/2 minute.
- Remove the eggplant fries from the oil and drain on a metal rack. Serve hot with a shake of salt and a drizzle of the Honey Ginger Balsamic Condimento.
- This makes a great appetizer or a side dish.