- 2 Tablespoons Milanese Gremolata Olive Oil
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and sliced lengthwise into eight 1/2 thick pieces
- Tomato Sauce Ingredients
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Leccino Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 3 cups chopped canned plum tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 1 Tablespoo chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspooon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- Juniper Berry Balsamic Condimento
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the eggplant, a few slices at a time, browning each side. Place on paper towels to drain. Add extra oil to pan, as needed, until all the slices of eggplant are browned.
- In a small bowl, add the bread crumbs, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan, eggs, parsley, and ground pepper and mix together until well blended
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce in the bottom of a 13x9-inch ovenproof baking dish. Place 2 Tablespoons of filling across the center of each slice. Roll up the eggplant and place in baking dish. Cover the rolls with tomato sauce, mozzarella, and the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 to 45 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Drizzle the Juniper Berry Balsamic Condimento on top of the wraps and serve immediately.