Sign Up to Get our Newletter and Recipes by Email
Fantastic olive oils....make sure you try the black truffle.....amazing....a little bit o' Heaven in a bottle!"
- Denise B.
It's a true pleasure to encourage people to visit your store!"
- Mary J.
Fettuccine with Shrimp, Asparagus, and Sambal Sauce
An Olive Oil Recipe
- 1 lb. dry fettuccine pasta
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- 3/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons Galega Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or more as needed)
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed.
- 2 Tablespoons seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay®)
- 3-4 Tablespoons Sambal Sauce (found in Asian stores or Asian section of the supermarket. Shake/stir before using.)
- Separate the asparagus tips from the other cut pieces and set them aside.
- Heat 3/4 cup Galega Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium heat. Cook and stir the garlic in the hot oil until it begins to turn brown (about 5 minutes). Stir in the cut pieces of asparagus (not the tips) and season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir the asparagus until tender but still bright green (about 10 minutes)) then add the asparagus tips. Cook and stir for 5 more minutes.
- While the asparagus is cooking, fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in the fettucine and return to a boil. Cook the pasta, uncovered, until the pasta is al dente. Drain and drizzle 2 teaspoons of the Galega EVOO over the pasta.
- Remove the asparagus from the skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Blot the shrimp dry with a paper towel and place in the hot skillet, using the leftover oil from the asparagus. Sprinkle the seafood seasoning over the shrimp and cook just until pink. Return the asparagus to the skillet and cook the shrimp and asparagus together until heated, just a few scant minutes. Don't overcook.
- Mix the shrimp and asparagus with the cooked fettuccine. Add the sambal sauce a little at a time, mixing it into the pasta and tasting for your desired heat.
- Serve immediately.