- 1 cup dried Calimyrna figs, chopped and stemmed
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Kalamata Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and chopped
- Two 5-1/2 oz. soft fresh goat cheese logs, each cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, halved
- thyme sprigs (optional)
- Combine chopped figs and 1/3 cup water in heavy medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until liquid evaporates and figs are soft, about 7 minutes. Transfer to medium bowl.
- Mix in olives, Kalamata Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Aged Balsamic Condimento, capers and chopped thyme. Season tapenade to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange overlapping cheese rounds in circle in center of medium platter.
- Stir chopped walnuts into tapenade; spoon into center of cheese circle.
- Garnish with walnut halves and thyme sprigs, if desired. Serve with breads and/or crackers.