- 1 Tablespoon coriander seed
- FISH RUB
- 1 Tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 Tablespoon black or yellow mustard seed
- 2 teaspoons dried juniper berries
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2-4 salmon filets
- Olive Oil such as Nocellara or Coratina Gran Cru Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- non-stick cooking spray
- Making sure all the seeds and berries are nicely crushed, mix all the dry ingredients together until well blended. Store in an airtight container.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Brush both sides of the salmon with a good quality olive oil such as Nocellara EVOO or Coratina Gran Cru Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Sprinkle both sides of the fish with the rub, using your hands to distribute the rub all over both sides of the fillets. Place the seasoned fish on a jelly roll pan sprayed with a non-stick oil for at least 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Roast on the middle rack for 12-15 minutes, depending on the degree of doneness you like. Personally, I like mine just a bit undercooked to retain the Omega-3 oil. If it becomes flaky, I find it very dry. Serve Warm with a pilaf and nice salad.