- 3 Tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 Tablespoons Panko bread crumbs
- Sea salt
- Organic Chemlali Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 green onions, including green parts, chopped
- 2 large zucchini coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Wash zucchini and grate them coarsely. Put the grated zucchini in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let the zucchini drain for about 30 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Remove zucchini by the handful, squeezing out as much liquid as possible. Place in a bowl with the feta cheese, onions, and herbs. Mix well.
- Add the lightly beaten egg and stir into cheese/herb mixture. Add flour and bread crumbs. The mixture should be wet but not watery. Mix in salt to taste.
- Cover the bottom of a frying pan with Chemlali EVOO. When hot, cook spoonsful of the zucchini mixture for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until browned. Place cooked fritters on a paper towel to remove excess oil and then place on plate and serve with tzatziki sauce.