- 3 Tablespoons + 2-1/4 teaspoons Butter Olive Oil
- 4 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- In a medium saucepan, heat the Butter Olive Oil over medium low heat. Add the flour and whisk until blended and smooth. Over medium heat, cook until the mixture turns a light, golden color (about 6-7 minutes).
- Meanwhile, heat the milk in a different pan until just about to boil. Add the hot milk to the Butter Olive Oil mixture 1 cup at a time, whisking continuously until very smooth. Bring to a boil.
- Cook 10 minutes, stirring constantly, then remove from heat.
- Season with salt and nutmeg and set aside until ready to use.