- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 Tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 extra-large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon Butter Olive Oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Toasted French bread or Brioche
- Preheat the broiler for 5 minutes and place the rack 6 inches below the heat.
- Combine the garlic and Parmesan with all of the herbs, mixing carefully, in a small bowl.
- Carefully crack 3 eggs into each of 2 small bowls, being careful not to break the yolks. Be sure to have all the eggs ready before you start cooking.
- Place 2 gratin dishes on a baking sheet. In each dish put 1 Tablespoon heavy cream and 1/2 Tablespoon of the Butter Olive Oil and place under the broiler for about 3 minutes. It should be bubbling. Carefully pour 3 eggs into each gratin dish, sprinkling evenly with the herb mixture and then with salt and pepper.
- Place the dishes back under the broiler for about 5-6 minutes. The whites of the eggs should be almost cooked. If the eggs aren't cooking evenly, turn the baking sheet around half way through the baking process. The eggs will continue to cook after they are removed from the oven. Let them set for about a minute and serve immediately with toast.